If you join an unemployment fund only, you can receive earnings-related unemployment allowance and job alternation compensation. A membership in a fund offers no other benefits.
If you want to join only Terveydenhuoltoalan työttömyyskassa (the unemployment fund of social and healthcare workers) without being/becoming a member of any trade union, you can send a free-form membership application to the fund via encrypted email.
Provide in the message the following information:
- your name
- your social security number
- your home address
- your telefon number
- your e-mail address
- that you want to join Terveydenhuoltoalan työttömyyskassa only (without being a member of any trade union)
- that your are in paid employment on the day your are sending the message or what will be your first paid working day you have after the day you have send the message
- the name of your employer
- from what day you want to join the fund (if later than the day you send the message)
If you are currently a member of another unemployment fund and would like us to notify your current fund of your resignation, please also add to the message:
- the name of your current unemployment fund
- the following text: I aurthorize Terveydenhuoltoalan työttömyyskassa to terminate my membership in my current unemployment fund.
Once your membership application has been processed, you will receive a notification in the mail about your membership in the fund. An invoice for the fund´s membership fee will be mailed separetely.